Funding for Travel to Meetings and Conferences
The Alumni Association offers residents and fellows assistance with travel expenses for meetings and conferences – thanks to the generous support of its loyal members who trained at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center. Additional requests for assistance with miscellaneous expenses, such as safety glasses, are occasionally considered.
Funding will be considered after meeting/conference attendance is completed. A maximum of $300 may be granted for a resident/fellow to attend a conference (one per year).
A maximum of $750 may be granted for a resident/fellow to present at a conference (two per year).
Residents/fellows who present at a conference must submit a research manuscript or poster for Postgraduation Recognition Day, which is held at the end of the academic year.
How to Apply
In order to obtain funding:
- With the program director, complete and sign the application for alumni funding for travel expenses.
- Attach copy of the professional absence authorization.
- Attach copies of receipts for any miscellaneous costs incurred.
- Attach copies of abstract and program.
Forward both forms (and miscellaneous receipt, if applicable) to:
Alumni Association Office
Attention: Susan Donovan
Assistant Director of Philanthropy Services
- For those who present research, please send a PDF of the poster and/or abstract and a photo (headshot) of yourself to [email protected], for inclusion in our highlighted residents’ research.
Please allow two weeks for processing.