What Mary moves to most!
Mary loves upbeat, happy music, especially pop and dance tracks. “I run to pretty much anything, depending on my workout and my mood,” Mary said. “Here are the songs on my marathon playlist that are played the most.”
- “Slow Acid” by Calvin Harris
Three straight minutes of beats, no lyrics. Perfect for picking up the pace or zoning in on a tougher workout.
- “Remember the Name” by Fort Minor (feat. Styles from Beyond)
My go-to GET HYPED song.
- “Ultra Life” by Oh Wonder
This one’s super upbeat and uplifting. Can’t go wrong with this one on repeat.
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake
Because “I’ve got that sunshine in my pocket got that good soul in my feet.” Duh.
- “Good as Hell” by Lizzo
The title says it all.
- “I Don’t Care” Ed Sheeran (with Justin Bieber)
It’s relatable, singable and catchy.
- “Moth’s Wings” by Passion Pit
This reminds me of the World Cup, which reminds me of playing soccer, which reminds me of running, which makes me want to run (faster).
- “I’m Alive (Life Sounds Like)” by Michael Franti and Spearhead
This makes me smile. #milesofsmiles. Also, a good reminder to hang in there when the going gets tough.
- “Feels So Close” by Calvin Harris
I’ve trained through 7 marathons with this song, so I guess it’s 1/2 nostalgia, 1/2 why change a good thing?
- “What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger)” by Kelly Clarkson
Best inserted anytime you’re questioning why you run, why you’re running a marathon, why you participate in masochistic sports, and whether or not you’ll survive.
- “Paris” by the Chainsmokers
I love the moderate beat, good for practicing running steady.